Order online by Sunday, May 7, 2017 at www.rainbarrelprogram.org/Houston. The Green Building Resource Center will help area residents conserve water and resources by offering 50-gallon rain barrels and 65-gallon compost bins at discounted prices of just $69.00 and $65.00. Made from recycled material, they come with instructions for easy set-up and use.
Then visit the Houston Permitting Center in the West Parking lot to pick up your items between 10:00 am and noon on Saturday, May 13.
Green Building Resource Center
1002 Washington Avenue (west parking lot)
Steve Stelzer, Program Director
Top Five Reasons to Harvest Rainwater
- Protect our rivers, streams, and ponds from runoff pollution
- Divert water from the municipal storm drain system
- Conserve this vital natural resource and reduce your water bills
- Use rainwater to grow healthy and lush plants
- Control moisture levels around the foundation of your home