We are hiring Energy and Sustainability Interns on an ongoing basis. The job will primarily focus on data organization, analysis and collection.
Energy and Sustainability Intern
This position is in the City of Houston’s Office of Administrative and Regulatory Affairs – Energy and Sustainability Division and reports to the Deputy Assistant Director of Sustainability and Strategic Customer Initiatives. The primary role of the position will be to support the operations and programming of the Energy and Sustainability Division through data organization and analysis. Most of the data related analysis will revolve around the City’s greenhouse gas emissions inventory, community-wide greenhouse gas emissions inventory, climate action planning and Energy Star Portfolio Manager benchmarking of the City’s utility data.
The City of Houston seeks to provide a compelling and comprehensive work experience for a self-motivated individual interested in pursuing an internship in energy and sustainability at the local government level. The City has a longstanding history of energy and sustainability achievements and progress; and is recognized as a national leader in the field. The Energy and Sustainability Intern will have the opportunity to contribute to a project team, work with senior staff, collaborate with various City departments and participate in significant engagement efforts with community groups and organizations. This position will prepare the individual for a successful career in professional local government and energy and sustainability work, provide exposure to industry best practices, and allow opportunity to showcase talents and abilities to benefit the City and the community in lasting ways.
(Specific assignment will include some or all of the following):
- Supports team in data collection and analysis of the City’s greenhouse gas emissions inventory. Including management of the database of building energy performance data gathered through collaboration with various City departments.
- Supports the City of Houston’s on-going participation in the C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group.
- Assists with the update and maintenance of the Green Houston web page, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Assists, as needed, in the preparation of PowerPoint presentations and supporting materials for presentation to City Council, Committee meetings, key environmental groups, and/or other special interest groups.
- Researches available energy and sustainability grant opportunities to further develop and improve the City’s energy and sustainability initiatives.
- Responsible for data collection and monitoring necessary to demonstrate compliance with various climate change reporting initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Resumes and all inquiries should be sent to: email@example.com.