Green News / Press Releases / Events
City Hall Farmers Market Returns on Feb. 22 to June 28
January 2017 -- The public can enjoy a variety of locally prepared ready-to-eat or packaged to-go foods, pick up farm-fresh weekly groceries and at the same time support sustainable food, all amidst Houston’s dramatic ... more ...
Houston Green Office Challenge Announces 2016 Winners
Jan. 30, 2017 -- “The Green Office Challenge is a great example of how the public and private sectors are working together to make Houston the greener, more sustainable community we see today,” ... more ...
Houston’s 2016 NCAA Final Four Men’s Basketball Championship Earns First Certification from the Council for Responsible Sport
Jan. 5, 2017 -- Credit was earned for implementing best practices in each of five categories including; ... more ...
Archived Press Releases
- 11.28.2016 -- Mayor Turner Celebrates LEED Gold Certification of City's Traffic Operations Center
- 10.26.20916 -- City of Houston Launches 2016 Houston Green Office Challenge
- 09.13.2016 -- City Hall Farmers Market Opens for Fall
- 08.24.2016 -- Mayor Turner Announces Major Expansion of Houston Bike Share Program
- 08.03.2016 -- Houston Launches Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) Program
- 03.25.2016 -- City Of Houston Collaborates With Midway On Saving Solar Panels From Demolition
- 01.25.2016 -- EPA Recognizes Houston As Top User Of Green Power
- More from the Archive